MAJOR REFORMS & INITIATIVES
STARTING A BUSINESS
Key features of SPICe+ for Greater Ease of Doing Business
As part of Government of India’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiatives, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has deployed a new Web Form christened ‘SPICe+’ (pronounced ‘SPICe Plus’) replacing the earlier SPICe form.
SPICe+ offers 11 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance) and 3 State Governments(Maharashtra, Karnataka, West Bengal) and NCT - Delhi, thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for Starting a Business in India and is applicable for all new company incorporations w.e.f 7th June, 2021.
1. SPICe+ is an integrated Web Form.
2. SPICe+ has two parts viz.: Part A -for Name reservation for new companies and Part B offering a bouquet of services viz.
(ii) DIN allotment
(iii) Mandatory issue of PAN
(iv) Mandatory issue of TAN
(v) Mandatory issue of EPFO registration
(vi) Mandatory issue of ESIC registration
(vii) Mandatory issue of Profession Tax registration(Maharashtra, Karnataka and West Bengal)
(viii) Mandatory Opening of Bank Account for the Company
(ix) Allotment of GSTIN (if so applied for) and
(x) First time registration of shops and establishment for all new companies getting incorporated in Delhi.
3. Users may either choose to submit Part-A for reserving a name first and thereafter submit Part B for incorporation & other services or file Part A and B together at one go for incorporating a new company and availing the bouquet of services as above.
4. A new and user friendly Dashboard on the Front Office has been created for company incorporation application (SPICe+ and linked forms as applicable).
5. Incorporation applications (Part B) after name reservation (In Part A) can be submitted as a seamless process in continuation of Part A of SPICe+. Stakeholders are not required to even enter the SRN of the approved name as the approved Name is prominently displayed on the Dashboard and a click on the same will take the user for continuation of the application through a hyperlink that is available on the SRN/application number in the new dashboard.
6. Resubmission of applications for company name reservation and/or incorporation shall also be handled through the application number/Name applied for link on the new dashboard.
A hyperlink is available for the SRN/application number, so as to enable easy resubmission, wherever required.
7. From 23rd February 2020 onwards, RUN service would be applicable only for ‘change of name’ of an existing company.
8. The new web form Facilitates On-screen filing and real time data validation for seamless incorporation of companies.
9. The approved name and related incorporation details as submitted in Part A, would be automatically Pre-filled in all linked forms also viz., AGILE-PRO-S, eMoA, eAoA, URC1, INC-9 (as applicable)
10. For ensuring ease while filing, SPICe+ is structured into various sections.
11. Information once entered can be saved and modified.
12. All Check form and Pre-scrutiny validations (except DSC validation) happens on webform itself.
13. Once the SPICe+ is filled completely with all relevant details, the same would then have to be converted into pdf format, with just a click of the mouse button, for affixing DSCs.
14. All digitally signed applications can then be uploaded along with the linked forms as per the existing process.
15. Changes/modifications to SPICe+ (even after generating pdf and affixing DSCs), can also be done by editing the same web form application which has been saved, generating the updated pdf affixing DSCs and uploading the same.
16. DSC validation and other validations will happen at Upload Level.
17. Registration for EPFO and ESIC shall be mandatory for all new companies incorporated w.e.f 23 February 2020 and no EPFO & ESIC registration nos. shall be separately issued by the respective agencies.
18. Registration for Profession Tax shall also be mandatory for all new companies incorporated in the State of
19. All new companies incorporated through SPICe+ (w.e.f 23rd February 2020) are also mandatorily required to apply for opening the company’s Bank account through the AGILE-PRO-S linked web form.
20. First time Registration Number for Shops and Establishment, Delhi shall be provided for all new companies getting incorporated in Delhi w.e.f 07 June 2021.
21. Declaration by all Subscribers and first Directors in INC-9 shall be auto-generated in pdf format and would have to be submitted only in Electronic form in all cases, except where: (i) Total number of subscribers and/or directors is greater than 20 and/or (ii) Any such subscribers and/or directors has neither DIN nor PAN.
Initiatives taken by the Ministry towards Ease of Doing Business (Prior to Year 2020)