The inauguration of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs at IMT Manesar by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 13th April 2012
Dr. Manmohan Singh, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India;
Dr. Veerappa Moily, Hon’ble Minister for Corporate Affairs;
v Sh. R.P.N. Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State for Corporate Affairs;
Officers of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs;
Members from Media;
Ladies & Gentlemen!
Today is a very special day for the people of Haryana. On the auspicious day of Baisakhi, our beloved Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji has come to Manesar to inaugurate the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs. I extend a very warm welcome to you sir. I also welcome Shri Veerappa Moily Ji, Union Minister for Corporate Affairs as well as Shri R.P.N.Singh Ji, Minister of State for Corporate Affairs. I also extend a hearty welcome to all other guests and officers of the Government of India who have spared their valuable time to participate in the inaugural function. I also take this opportunity to thank the Government of India, especially the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for choosing Manesar to locate the prestigious Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs.
2. Prime Minister Sir, today you have landed in the city of Guru Dronacharya. This Industrial Model Township is an integral part of the upcoming twin city of Gurgaon-Manesar. In the past one decade or so, Gurgaon has acquired a legitimate place on the global map. As a matter of fact, it has become a favoured destination for IT and ITE Industry as well as for automobile industry.
3. At the same time, it has found favour with the corporate world. Along with the Indian companies, the multinational companies have set up their corporate offices in Gurgaon. I extend a hearty welcome to all of them. We are exploring the possibilities of extending Metro Rail service upto Manesar.
4. The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs will provide a fresh impetus to the development of this area. In my opinion, the corporate world would feel reassured with the presence of this prestigious Institute. The Institute would develop and establish a new discipline of ‘Corporate Affairs’ for holistic treatment of crucial matters impacting corporate functioning. It will provide instruction and capacity building to a wide range of stakeholders from government, regulators, professionals and public. The Institute would also provide a special focus on ethical corporate governance and social responsibility.
5. Prime Minister Sir, in the past seven years, Haryana has posted a remarkable progress in almost every field. I would like to submit that in the year 2005 when our government assumed office, Haryana State figured at number fourteen amongst Indian states in respect of Per Capita Investment. Today we are number one. Similarly, in Per Capita Income, Haryana is ahead of all other States except Goa.
6. The credit for such an unprecedented progress should undoubtedly go to the able guidance and leadership of the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji as well as the UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi Ji. I thank them from the core of my heart for supporting us in our endeavours.
7. I feel that three factors have distinctly impacted our growth: Firstly, our people-centric progressive policies. The Industrial Policy of 2011 and Land Acquisition and R&R Policy are good examples in this context. Secondly, a robust physical infrastructure. IMT Manesar is an example in this case. Thirdly, a conducive environment reinforced by a transparent functioning. We are working on further improving the overall industrial climate in the State.
8. Let me take this opportunity to reaffirm my Government’s commitment to move forward on a comprehensive agenda of executive, legal and technology reforms to curb corruption and ensure good governance. Despite certain obvious limitations, there is optimism and belief that we are on the right course and the future is only going to get better.
9. Before I conclude, I would like to commend the Ministry of Corporate Affairs on its initiative of setting up the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs. I wish the Institute all success. I also take this opportunity to assure the Ministry as well as the Institute of our continued support. I once again thank the Hon’ble Prime Minister for sparing time to inaugurate the Institute. I thank you all.
Jai Hind !