FAQs on User Registration
To file an eForm or to avail any paid service on MCA portal, you are first required to register yourself as a user in the relevant user category, such as registered and business user.
For registering yourself as a user and creating a user ID to login to the MCA portal, follow the steps given as under:
- Click the “New User” link on the MCA portal homepage
- Select appropriate User category and role and fill your personal and contact details.
- Enter a User ID of your choice and depending upon the user category & role selected, enter password or select your digital signature certificate. Your User ID can be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 11 characters. The password can be 8 to 10 characters long and should contain at least one numeric character, one upper case and one lower case alphabet and should not contain any special character such as *, &, $, _ etc.
- Provide a hint question and its answer that will be used in case you forget your password or to change/ update your DSC later.
- Type the randomly displayed system generated text in the box provided, for authentication.
- Click ‘Create My Account’ button to submit the details for registration.
- Acknowledgement for successful registration will be displayed on the screen
- A confirmation email will also be sent to your email ID as provided by you.
For log-in to the MCA portal, follow the steps given as under:
- Click the ‘Login’ button on the homepage of MCA portal.
- Enter the User ID and password/ select digital signature certificate (DSC) registered at the time of user registration.
To create a new password for log-in, follow the steps given as under:
- Click ‘Login’ button on the homepage of MCA portal and then click the 'Forgot Password' link.
- Enter your User ID and click the “submit’ button.
- Enter the answer of the hint question, provided by you while self registration and click on ‘Submit’ button.
You have to follow the steps given below:
- If the CCA and TCS-CA certificates are not installed in your Internet Explorer then click the following link below to download the Certificate Trust Chain.
- Click on Tools > Internet Options > Security.
- Click “Internet” and change the Security Settings to “Medium”.
- Click “Custom Level” Button.
- Enable the “Download Signed ActiveX controls” option.
- Enable the “Run ActiveX controls and Plugins” option.