The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has introduced the MCA21 e-Governance programme with a view to providing all services relating to ROC offices on-line in e-Governance mode. All filings from September 16, 2006 can be done only under the Digital Signatures of the authorised person (MD/ Director/ Company Secretary as the case may be). There are various channels available to stakeholders to enable them to do the statutory filing with ROC offices across the country:
- The Virtual Front Office through www.mca.gov.in portal;
- Registrar’s Front Offices set-up under the Project and Managed & operated by the Operator(53 all over India); and
- Certified Filing Centers managed and operated by the Professionals on user charge basis (550 plus centers approved all over India at 85 cities).
Virtual Front Office
MCA21 replaces the erstwhile practices broadly consisting of physically filing of documents, incorporation of companies and inspection of documents with the Registrar of Companies. This project is the first of its kind and is intended to create a health business eco system conducive to foreign investment thereby boosting the Indian economy.
Common ERRORS committed while availing services on MCA portal.
- Payment of challan not done before the expiry date: If payment of challan is not made before the expiry date, the transaction gets cancelled and applicant needs to file the eForm again on MCA portal to generate a fresh challan for payment.
- Payment of fees (via challan) through other option: Once a challan is generated, its payment has to be made in an auhorised bank branch. Payment against eFiling should not be made using any mode of payment on MCA portal e.g. Miscellaneous Fee option, as in such a case the payment made does not get linked with the original Filing Transaction / SRN.
- Duplicate Payment : Always check the payment status of original / previous SRN before trying to make payment again for the same transaction. If the payment status is ‘Paid’ do not pay again.
- Verification of status of eFiling: The SRN No. is the key for verification of status of eFiling. Please note down the SRN generated by the system before making the payment / for the purpose of checking the payment / transaction status.
- Inspection of public documents: On confirmation of payment, a link is made available under ‘My documents’ tab to view the documents online. This link will be valid for seven days – you can view these documents anytime within 7 days of appearing those under ‘My Documents’. However, online viewing is provided for continuous three hours maximum, once you begin this activity.
- eForm version used is not latest: Always download a fresh eForm for eFiling from the MCA portal.
- Modify or Sign the eForm numerous times which increases the size of the eform: While signing the eform click on ‘Sign and save as’ option to affix the DSC to keep the size of the eForm minimum.
- Uploading eForm in case of “Required Resubmission” : If the transaction status is “Required Resubmission”, the eForm needs to be filled again correctly and filed against the original SRN. Do not use ‘Addendum’ option as transaction through ‘addendum’ will not be processed against ‘Resubmission’. ‘Addendum’ facility is used for providing additional information, if any, to RoC.
- Mistaking the status “Required Resubmission” as rejection of the eform and take no action. If the status of SRN is “Required Resubmission“ then file the eForm again by giving SRN of original filing and uploading eForm by clicking ‘Resubmit’ button, under ‘eForm upload’ link. After re-submission the status of SRN will change and eForm will be available for processing at RoC office.
- Wrong particulars in eForms – ensure accuracy while filling following values in the corresponding eForm:
- Company type (e.g. “Part IX Company” or “Producer Company” in place of “New Company” or vice-versa)
- Company category / sub-category (e.g. “SGC” or “GOI”).
- Date of charge creation / modification
- Original / Final amount while creation / modification of charge
- Type of resolution (Board / Shareholders / Ordinary / Special resolution type) selection differs from the attachment
Please check the particulars filled in the eform before filing. Once an eform is approved, any wrong information given in the eform cannot be rectified.
- Wrong amount of revised capital
- Simultaneous filing of multiple eForm 5 for a company before approval of erstwhile form 5 filed. Wait for first eForm’s approval before proceeding with next eForm 5.
- Update JAVA / Adobe software.
Use only prescribed versions of JAVA / Adobe software, as listed on the portal.