Common Causes of Rejection
- Applicant’s name and father’s name mentioned in abbreviated form. - The Name should be expanded even if the ID proof contains the name in abbreviated form.
- Mismatch in the Name and Father’s Name in DIN form with the ID (Identity) proof enclosed. - Any mismatch in Name, including spelling mistake, may lead to rejection of application. Minor spelling deviations in the father’s name may be accepted, if such deviations do not materially impact the name.
- Prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc. used in the applicant’s name.
- Residence proofs like: Bank Statements, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Utility bills etc. submitted are older than 2 months of submitting the application for verification OR such documents are in the name of some other person, for example father or spouse.
- The supporting documents are not duly attested i.e. Name, Designation, Membership/ Practicing certificate number etc. are not clearly indicated. – If the seal/ stamp does not contain membership/ practicing certificate number, same may be recorded by hand.
- Passport / Driving License / Identity proofs etc attached are expired. – Only such documents which are currently valid should be attached.