FAQs on Revised DIN Process (w.e.f. 27 March'11)
Please ensure following before attaching supporting documents with DIN application:
- Documents submitted are currently valid and not expired.
- Documents issued by LIC may be enclosed as Date of Birth and Address proof.
- Bank Statements, Utility Bills like telephone, electricity bill etc furnished as residence proof are in the applicant's name only and not older than two months.
- All supporting documents attached with form DIN-1 must be duly attested by an authorized person/ authority.
- In case the director is illiterate, thumb impression should be certified from the concerned revenue authority (where the applicant resides) and then all the documents should be notarized or attested OR if applicant is not in a position to sign the application due to medical reasons and affixed thumb impression on the application then duly attested medical certificate from Government hospital is must with the application stating the reason of his / her ailment.
Details of a valid passport should be filled in form DIN-1 and a certified copy of same should be attached with DIN application. All supporting documents including photograph should be certified by the Indian Embassy or a notary in the home country of the applicant or by the Managing Director / CEO / Company Secretary of the company registered in India, in which applicant is a director. If a foreign director has a valid multiple-entry Indian visa or Person of Indian Origin card or Overseas Citizen of India card, then the attestation could also be done by Public Notary / Gazetted Officer in India or practicing CA / CS / CWA.
A provisional DIN is approved only after scrutiny of the documents attached with the application. Some of the common mistakes committed by applicants and on account of which the DIN application gets rejected are as under:- Non payment of DIN application fee.
Non-submission of supporting documents
- The proof of identity of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of father's name of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of date of birth of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of residential address of the applicant is not submitted.
- The copy of passport (for foreign nationals) is not submitted
Invalid Application/supporting Documents
- The supporting documents are invalid or expired.
- The proof of identity submitted has not been issued by a Government Agency.
- The application/enclosed evidence has handwritten entries.
- The submitted application is a duplicate DIN application and already one application of that applicant is pending or approved.
- The submitted application does not have photograph affixed.
- The signatures are not appended to the prescribed place.
- The applicant's name filled in application form does not match with the name in the enclosed evidence.
- The applicant's father's name filled in application form does not match with the father's name in the enclosed evidence.
- The applicant's date (DD/MM/YY) of birth filled in application form does not match with the date of birth in the enclosed evidence.
- The address details filled in the application do not match with those contained in the enclosed supporting evidence.
- The gender is not entered correctly in Form DIN-1.
- Identification number entered in application does not match with the identity proof enclosed.
- If enclosed documents are not self attested
Yes, you will have to apply for fresh a DIN.
No. If the DIN application is put under Resubmission due to following reasons, you can submit additional documents for rectifying your DIN application, within a period of 15 days from the date on which it is marked as Resubmission
- Proof of Identity/ residence is not enclosed or expired.
- Proof of Date of Birth is not enclosed.
- Supporting documents are not properly attested .
- Non-submission of affidavit (if required).
On resubmitting with the additional documents, same DIN will be approved, if documents are found in correct order as per marked in resubmission.
A regular DIN allotted by Regional Director (NR) NOIDA is valid for the Life-time of the individual and shall not be allotted to any other person during his life time.
Within 30 days from the date of receipt of DIN from MCA. The prescribed form is DIN 2 which is available on MCA portal free of charge.
Only company is required to intimate DIN of its Directors to the ROC in Form DIN-3. Director is required to inform the company concerned in which he is director within 30 days of receipt of regular DIN from Central Govt.
Rules for allotment of DIN have been notified on 19 th October 2006 and made effective from 1st November 2006 requiring Director to intimate his DIN (Form DIN-2) to the Company within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of DIN from MCA. Company is required to file DIN-3 with Registrar of Companies within 7 days from the date of receipt of DIN-2 from its director(s).
Directors who have obtained DIN prior to notification of rules, are required to intimate the company their DIN in Form DIN-2 within 30 days from the date of notification of DIN Rules (i.e. 1st November 2006) and company is required to file the said intimation with ROC in next 7 days.
Yes (Scanned copy of original). In case the Director has not received the letter, he/she can get a print-out of status from MCA portal and attach.