FAQs on Revised DIN Process (w.e.f. 27 March'11)
As per the revised procedure for DIN Allotment, any person intending to apply for DIN shall have to make an application in eForm DIN 1 and should follow the following procedure:
1. eForm DIN-1 has to follow the offline eFiling process . For more details regarding the same visit eFiling FAQ's .
2. Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. proof of identity, and proof of residence as per the guidelines. Physical documents are not required to submit at DIN cell.
3. Along with the supporting documents, verification by the applicant for applying for allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN) shall also be attached. This shall contain the Name, Father’s name, date of birth and text of declaration and physical signature of the applicant.
4. The eForm shall have to be digitally signed and shall be uploaded on MCA21 portal.
5. Upon upload, Pay the fees for DIN1 eForm. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Netbanking / Credit Card). No challan payment will be accepted under revised procedure of DIN allotment.
The applicant is required to get himself/herself registered on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id, which is necessary for payment of the fees. After obtaining the login-id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on 'eForm upload' link available under the 'eForms' tab for uploading the eForm DIN 1. eForm DIN-1 will be processed only after the DIN application fee is paid.
6. Upon upload and successful payment,
In case Form DIN 1 is signed by a practicing professional or secretary (who is a member of ICSI) in whole time employment of the existing company in which applicant is to be associated and details have not been identified as potential duplicate, Approved DIN shall be generated and if the details have been identified as potential duplicate, Provisional DIN shall be generated. A suitable informational message and an email shall be provided to the user that the DIN shall be approved after due verification by the DIN cell/ RD(NR).
This shall also be applicable to potential duplicate cases identified in Form DIN4.
7. Processing of e Form DIN 1
In case, DIN 1 gets certified by the professional (i.e. CA(in whole time practice)/ CS(in whole time practice)/ CWA (in whole time practice)/secretary (who is member of ICSI) in whole time employment of the existing company in which applicant is to be associated), the DIN will be approved by the system immediately online (in case it is not potential duplicate).
8. Intimate approved DIN to your Companies
On approval of DIN, intimate your DIN to all the company (ies) (within a period of 30 days from the date of approval) in which you are a Director, in form DIN-2. Form DIN-2 can be downloaded and printed from the 'DIN' link on the homepage of MCA portal.
9. Company to intimate your DIN to ROC
After the Director has intimated the DIN allotted to the company(ies). The Company(ies) is/are then required to intimate the DINs of its directors to the ROC in Form DIN-3 within a period of seven days of receiving form DIN-2.(Filing of DIN-3 is applicable only in cases, where the date of appointment of director(s) in such company(ies), is prior to September 1 , 2007)
10. Post-approval changes in particulars of DIN-1
If there is any change in the particulars submitted in form DIN-1, applicant can submit e-form DIN-4 online. For instance in the event of change of address of a director, he/ she is required to intimate this change by submitting eform DIN-4 along with the required attested documents.
The e-Form DIN-4 is required to be digitally signed by a Chartered Accountant or a Company Secretary or a Cost Accountant in whole- time practice or Secretary (who is member of ICSI) in whole time employment of the existing company.
Please note that Income Tax PAN is mandatory in case of Indian applicants so the applicant details (name, father’s name, date of birth) should be as per the PAN details. The particulars filled in form DIN-1 should match with the details given in the supporting documents to be submitted along with DIN application. Any mis-match will lead to rejection of DIN application.
The e-Form DIN 1 should be digitally signed by a practicing professional (CA/ CS/ CWA)
Yes, DIN application fee of Rs. 100/- is payable w.e.f. 1st July, 2007.
Status of the payment made for Form DIN-1 can be enquired from 'Track Payment Status' link on the homepage of www.mca.gov.in.
- High resolution photograph of the applicant
- PAN is mandatory now. So copy of pan is mandatory for identity, name, father’s name and date of birth. Proof of father’s name is not required in the case of foreign nationals
- Copy of passport is mandatory as an id proof in the case of foreign nationals.
- Present Address proof which should not be older than 2 months
- Annexure – 1 as per the format given on the website
Please ensure following before attaching supporting documents with DIN application:
- Documents submitted are currently valid and not expired.
- Documents issued by LIC may be enclosed as Date of Birth and Address proof.
- Bank Statements, Utility Bills like telephone, electricity bill etc furnished as residence proof are in the applicant's name only and not older than two months.
- All supporting documents attached with form DIN-1 must be duly attested by an authorized person/ authority.
- In case the director is illiterate, thumb impression should be certified from the concerned revenue authority (where the applicant resides) and then all the documents should be notarized or attested OR if applicant is not in a position to sign the application due to medical reasons and affixed thumb impression on the application then duly attested medical certificate from Government hospital is must with the application stating the reason of his / her ailment.